Biking Rules & Safety
Here are 4 basic bicycling tips
The following are things you can do to maintain control of your bicycle, even in an emergency
- Ensure your bicycle is the right size and properly adjusted to fit you.
- Please let us know your height and weight, we can help you to choose the correct size fit.
- A properly-fitted bicycle is more comfortable and easier to control.
- Right-hand control the rear brake and left-hand control the front brake. Brake checking needs tight or not is important.
- Right-hand control the rear shifting and left-hand control the front shifting. Shift checking needs smooth or not is important.
- Try to ride to check the weird sound happens or not.
Properly-fitted helmets provide protection from a potentially life-threatening head injury.
Wear your helmet per directions.
Be Visible and Alert
Even if you obey all traffic laws, there is always a risk of accident.
- Keep riding on the right, do not compete with the cars, and always keep a distance from the cars.
- Be prepared to take evasive action and knock your bell to alert relating to vehicles that have just passed you and may turn right.
- Use hand signalsbefore making turns or changing lanes to warn traffic around you.
- Do not rush into the car array, do not show off on the road.
- When your children are riding please keep an eye on your children to avoid the danger.
Correct to use bicycle
Must follow the MathewBike's instructions and properly store your bicycle.
- Do not ride on muddy soil and sod, which causing mechanical failure accidents.
- Do not show off your biking stunts, which causing excessive tire wear and tear.
- Do not use the gear ratio overmuch (Biggest to Biggest, Small to Small), which causing wear and tear on the chain.
- Do not carry your luggage overloading, which causing wear and tear on wheels, frames, etc.
- Know the riding essentials, the braking essentials, the shifting essentials, road condition essentials.
Included with every bike rental:
- Order the touring bike rental, you need to pay the deposit 1000 NTD for your reservation via PayPal or Cash or Bank transfer. The balance will pay off on the pick-up date.
- Order "Cycling Tour" reservations you need to pay the deposit of 30% of the total amount via PayPal or Cash or Bank transfer. The balance will pay off on the pick-up date.
- The client agrees to bear the fees and commodity taxes paid.
- We will require the client to provide copies or collateral of relevant documents, such as identity cards, and any deposit provided by the client shall be used to guarantee the faithful performance of all the terms of this agreement and all necessary repairs to equipment.
- In consideration of regulating the rights and obligations between the parties to the contract, the client agrees to pay all legal fees, court fees or other costs in the event of legal disputes.
Cancellation and refund
- The Client agrees that MathewBike has the right to define all cancellation principles.
- After the "The touring bike rental" reservation, no change will be made due to change of mind or absence.
- After booking a "Bike Tour", the cancellation can be refunded in full for more than 30 days from the start date, and will not be replaced if the start date is less than 30 days.
- No refunds will be made for early returns, late pickups, no-shows or change of mind.
- If the service becomes unavailable Before Hire Period due to circumstances beyond MathewBike' control (such as theft, fire, earthquake, or damage from an earlier hire contract), MathewBike will refund all the money in 14 days.
- All applicable refunds will be released upon return of all rented equipment.
Termination of contract
The client agrees that MathewBike has the right to terminate this contract and re-own the above bike and equipment at any time. For the above purpose, MathewBike can report the case based on the personal documents provided by the Client during the contract. All losses and legal liabilities will be borne by client bear.
If the service becomes unavailable for the Hire Period due to circumstances beyond MathewBike' control (such as theft, fire, earthquake, or damage from an earlier hire contract), MathewBike will use its best efforts to offer the Client a suitable alternative. If MathewBike is unable to offer a suitable alternative, the Client will be entitled to some refund minus any costs MathewBike has incurred related to this booking.